Hunter Construction (Aberdeen) Limited, Centaur House, Camiestone Road, Thainstone Business Park, Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, AB51 5GT
Appendix 1 – GDPR Privacy Notice – Tenants
How we use your personal information
This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make us aware of how we will handle your information.
Who are we?
Hunter Construction (Aberdeen) Limited, take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the [Data Protection Act of 1998] and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25 May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as data controllers with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration number Z956188X and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to Hunter Construction (Aberdeen) Limited, Centaur House, Camiestone Road, Thainstone Business Park, Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, AB51 5GT.
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information about you:
- when you become a tenant, request services/repairs, enter in to a tenancy agreement with us howsoever arising or otherwise provide us with your personal details;
- from your use of our email services, whether to report any tenancy related issues, make a complaint or otherwise;
- from arrangements to make payment to or from ourselves.
We collect the following information about you:
- Home address;
- Term address;
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Date of birth;
- National Insurance number;
- Passport number;
- Non-European; European or U.K. resident status;
- Student I.D. number;
- University attended;
- Year of Study;
- Degree studied;
- Next of kin;
- Tenant witness details;
- Guarantor’s witness details;
- Medical information;
- Criminal convictions;
- Flat mate preferences.
- Reference details.
- Bank details.
We receive the following information from third parties:
- payments made by you to us;
- complaints or other communications regarding behaviour or reports as to the conduct or condition of your tenancy, including references from previous tenancies, and complaints of anti-social behaviour or other alleged breaches of the terms of your contract with us;
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our occupancy agreement with you;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to enable us to respond to your repair request, housing application and complaints made;
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business; and
- to pursue non-payment of rent
Sharing of your information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by ourselves and any third party, acting on our behalf, within the UK/EEA.
We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- if we are investigating a complaint, information may be disclosed to Police Scotland, local authority departments, the Scottish Fire & Rescue Service and others involved in any complaint, whether investigating the complaint or otherwise;
- to pursue the non-payment of rent we may disclose your information to third party debt recovery agencies
We may also disclose your information upon request from a statutory authority including the following:-
- if we are updating tenancy details, your information may be disclosed to Aberdeen City Council to allow them to update their electoral information;
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored within the UK and we will only transfer your information outside the UK within the European Economic Area. (EEA) to enable us to collect any outstanding debts through the European Small Claims Procedure.
Where information is transferred within the UK or EEA, GDPR compliance is required by all data processors.
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as
long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally
required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant occupancy agreement we have with you. Information regarding your occupancy agreement will be held for a period of 6 years.
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold. Certain information cannot be deleted while the occupancy agreement remains in force.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the ICO in relation to our use of your information. The ICO’s contact details are noted below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0131 244 9001
The accuracy of your information is important to us – please help us keep our records
updated by informing us of any changes to your personal information.